Post Costume College shopping
Aug. 4th, 2011 03:50 pm Home from Costume College and I am filled with ideas for all the costumes that I want to make this next year. 30's -50's day wear, a Teens dress, and of course a Gala Ball gown. I need to post an event recap, but that will have to happen later.
I promissed folks that I'd post my jewelry crack seller links, so here they are!
Here's the link to the seller, lots of super lovely jewelry and a few pieces in the same style as my necklace but in different colors. http://stores.ebay.com/jwellmart
Other places I looked at, that had similarly styled pieces,
http://stores.ebay.com/HYDERABAD-TREASURES
http://stores.ebay.com/Indian-Art-Jewellery
http://stores.ebay.com/FashionJewellry
http://stores.ebay.com/India-Stop
http://stores.ebay.com/India-Trend
So I've been shopping on Utsav, and oh! OH! I'm sorry, but there are just too many Sarees!
These four are currently rocking my world, the left two are the same design but different colors (white shows the pallau design the best), the black I could see as an asymettrical wrap gown from 1908-09. Not sure about the saree to the far right, maybe Teens? Its gorgeous and deserves to be something fab.
I promissed folks that I'd post my jewelry crack seller links, so here they are!
Here's the link to the seller, lots of super lovely jewelry and a few pieces in the same style as my necklace but in different colors. http://stores.ebay.com/jwellmart
Other places I looked at, that had similarly styled pieces,
http://stores.ebay.com/HYDERABAD-TREASURES
http://stores.ebay.com/Indian-Art-Jewellery
http://stores.ebay.com/FashionJewellry
http://stores.ebay.com/India-Stop
http://stores.ebay.com/India-Trend
So I've been shopping on Utsav, and oh! OH! I'm sorry, but there are just too many Sarees!
These four are currently rocking my world, the left two are the same design but different colors (white shows the pallau design the best), the black I could see as an asymettrical wrap gown from 1908-09. Not sure about the saree to the far right, maybe Teens? Its gorgeous and deserves to be something fab.
If you want to peruse those I've found so far, you can check out my Utsav wishlist, there's only $8000 dollars worth of Sarees on there!
(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 03:13 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 03:19 pm (UTC)Oh, btw, did you see this blog post from FIDM today? I don't know how much of the embroidered net you have, but it might be a style that works for you.
(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 03:46 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 04:09 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 04:47 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 05:31 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 05:57 pm (UTC)PS: Alyxx, you're one to talk! Now I want a pair of custom Elizabethan shoes too! *grumbles*
(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 05:55 pm (UTC)*eye roll*
Damn you Marion. Damn you.
*grin*
PS: ROOMIES FOR LIFE (in your case, you are allowed to think of this as being forced to be my cell mate at the insane asylum - whatever it takes to get you back next year for CoCo)!
(no subject)
Date: 2011-08-04 08:06 pm (UTC)They sort of forgot my order until I wrote them a month and a half later, but were very nice and had them out with two day shipping after I reminded them. And best of all, they fit! I'm so glad you recommended them :)
Pretties!
Date: 2011-08-04 11:14 pm (UTC)There's no way I was going to remember that name from when you told me during CoCo.
(no subject)
Date: 2012-10-26 09:08 am (UTC)When it comes to wedding and party wear then Indian ladies wear have an edge over other types of dresses, like designer lehenga choli for bride and designer indian saree for wedding are some of the best dresses in the world and can increase the beauty of a women manifold giving her a queen look.
(no subject)
Date: 2012-11-22 10:07 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2013-03-02 10:30 am (UTC)Sherwani (http://www.monarch-garments.com/cat_sherwani.asp)
Really enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us. I have bookmarked this site and will be sure to check for updates.
http://www.monarch-garments.com/cat_sherwani.asp